Friday, October 1, 2010

In The Beginning

Since I'm planning on this blog to be about Life As I Know It, I'm going to write about Life As I Know It.  (Clever, huh?)  I have one or two hobbies that I enjoy, but I would also like to explore and get better at several others.  This blog will help.  I've divided the hobbies into several categories.

The categories are...
Cooking
Photography
Household Projects
Sewing
Life List
Books I Love

Cooking:  I LOVE to cook.  I'll admit, most of my cooking is comfort food, and definitely won't win any awards for being healthy or low fat (as my hubby's and my waist lines can verify), but I love the act of creating our meals, and my hubby loves eating them!

Photography:  A few weeks ago my hubby gave me the best birthday gift I could imagine - a Nikon D5000.  The past year or so I've had a growing facination with photography, but never imagined owning a digital SLR myself.  I have a LOT to learn about my camera, and photography techniques, but I'll document it all as I go.

Household ProjectsWe've been in our house for about a year and a half now, and I'm embarrassed to say how little we've done with it.  I have an extensive list of projects, both large and small, that I would love for us to accomplish at the house.  Any tips or suggestions are welcome, and I'll share all kinds of before and after photos.

Sewing:  This category ties in with Household Projects, but I'll give it it's own category.  I've got my grandmother's sewing machine, and I have little to no experience using it, but I think sewing things myself could be a cheaper option than purchasing certain things.

Life List:  I borrowed this idea from Mighty Girl.  Soon I'll have a list put together of all the things that I would love to do before I leave this earth.   And I'm excited about crossing those items off!

Books I Love:  Growing up I was always the girl with the most stars on the reading chart.  I still love books.  I may not read the books that win literary awards, though.  I mainly just love a good story, and a chance to be entertained.  I belong to a defunct book club, so if we have any more meetings, I'll write about those books, but I mainly just read on my own now.

I hope you enjoy my life as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment