Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Girl Who...

I just finished reading the trilogy by Stieg Larsson: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played With Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest.  They were amazing!  The first one, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, was pretty slow to get into, but once it picked up, it was extremely suspenseful!  The second one didn't start as slowly, so I had trouble putting it down right away.  Then the third one picked up right where the second one left off!  I hear that several other books were written or at least outlined before Larsson died, and his editors are finishing them off.

I cannot wait for the movies to come out.  I think the entire trilogy will be instantly successful.  Salander, the main character, is such an interesting and unique character that I can't wait to see how she transfers over onto the big screen.

Although, I'm usually disappointed when a book is made into a movie.  I refuse to see movie version of The Notebook -- I love the book too much!  It's mainly for 2 reasons: 1) Key events that happen in the book, don't happen in the movie.  For example, in Gone With The Wind, Scarlett had another child in the book that wasn't even thought of in the movie!  I understand that if every detail was captured, the movies would probably be twice as long, but still.  2) I always have characters and scenes pictured in my head while I'm reading, and then seeing whoever is cast for a part is disappointing when they don't look like I would picture.  For example, in The Divinci Code, I would've never cast Tom Hanks as the lead!  He's nothing like I pictured!  Oh well, I'll have to wait and see how this series will turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment